An Athletic Therapist is a member of the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) and through successful completion of a comprehensive theory exam, and a subsequent oral/practical exam, has earned the designation of Certified Athletic Therapist or CAT(C). A CAT(C) specializes in the prevention and care of musculoskeletal (bones, muscles, joints) disorders as they relate to physical activity and athletics.
Who Can Benefit From Athletic Therapy?
You do not need to be an athlete to benefit from athletic therapy.
Aside from catering to the athletic population, athletic therapy can also aid any individual suffering from the aches and pains of everyday life.
An athletic therapist commonly treats the following conditions:
- work injuries (Workers Compensation Board Claims)
- sports injuries
- back & neck pain
- motor vehicle injuries (Manitoba Public Insurance Claims)
- repetitive motion injuries
- pre and post surgery conditions
Athletic Therapy Services
Our Athletic Therapy Services include:
- Initial Athletic Therapy Assessment
During this 60-minute appointment, your Athletic Therapist will conduct an extensive injury assessment and administer treatment appropriate for your injury
- Subsequent Athletic Therapy Treatment
During this 45-minute appointment, your Athletic Therapist will administer treatment and facilitate the rehabilitation process
Our athletic therapists also treat individuals injured in car accidents and workplace accidents. Just provide us with your MPI or WCB claim number and we will look after the rest.
A number of private insurance companies cover physiotherapy. Some insurance providers include:
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Workers Compensation Board
- Great West Life (Download Form)
- Blue Cross (Download Form)
- Canadian Hockey Association (Download Form)
- Allsport Insurance (Download Form)
*Please inquire with your insurance provider for your specific coverage details with regards to Physiotherapy